Re: Command View EVA V9.1 on RHEL 5.3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pramod M
Regular Advisor

Command View EVA V9.1 on RHEL 5.3

Hi,
Happy New Year to All....
I just want to confirm can I install Command View EVA V9.1 on RHEL 5.3 for managing an EVA 4400. Is it supported? Any helpful installation guide is available? Please help...

Thanks in advance.....

Regards..
Pramod M
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Command View is a WINDOWS application, not Linux

You need Windows 2003 or 2008.

But the EVA 4400 has a managenemt module and there's a Command View there, which you can use for most (but not all) administrative tasks.
Pramod M
Regular Advisor

Hi,
It means HP Command View EVA is not supported by nay other OS?
When I am trying to download HP StorageWorks Command View EVA Software, it shows the options for selecting other Operating Systems. So I need more confirmation.

Thanks in advance....

Regards..
Pramod M
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Command View EVA is only available for windows. There is no version for another OS. There is a special version that can be installed on the management module. But this version has some limitations.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> it shows the options for selecting other Operating Systems

You won't find CV-EVA in a non-Windows section (and if you could - it would be a data entry error). In the past you could download non-Windows implementations of SSSU (a command-line scripting utility) or some host agents for snapshot automation there.
But:
- current downloads have moved elsewhere
- SSSU and the automation frameworks talk to CV-EVA which has been working only on Windows since V1.0 (when CV-EVA was called the 'HSV element manager')
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Command View is available only from here:

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductsList.do?category=SWSDED

The "Support and Drivers" page does not lead you anywhere in this case. The firmware for the EVAs, the firmware for the management module of the EVA4400 and Command View, are not there.

It even lists a:

HP StorageWorks Command View EVA v9.2 Replication Solution Mgr v5.1 SW Media Kit

Which does not exist yet.