6754 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View EVA just "stops"

Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Command View EVA just "stops"

Hi all,

I've seen this problem a couple of times on various sites so I'm sure it's not an issue with the SAN management servers here.

Quite often (almost daily right now) the CV EVA 9.1 interface just 'stops'. When I click anything on the left side nothing comes up on the right except for a white pane with nothing in it.

'evaperf cs' shows that the controllers in both sites are doing basically nothing (max CPU values were around 10% utilisation).

If I leave this for a couple of days and come back to it it's 50/50 as to whether it will be fine or still in the same state.

Rebooting the SMA restores functionality but only for a while - then this problem happens again.

Has anyone seen this before?

Before anyone says it, yes I'm aware that CV EVA 9.2 is around now but I haven't upgraded our SMAs to it yet. :)
4 REPLIES 4
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

In the past, JAVA versions have been an issue sometimes. Are you at the appropriate JAVA version for CV v9.1?
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

I have had EVAs become unmanageable by CV which then locked up the whole CV GUI. It looked just the way you describe.

The workaround was to reset the master controller on the affected EVA thru the ABM. To find out which EVA it was, I used 'cvcli paths'.
Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Michael. I've been discussing this with HP Mission Critical support and the first step is to upgrade to CV 9.2 in order to maintain our support contracts.

I'll do this first and then investigate more if the problem persists.

Rebooting master controllers is easy for us as storage people but makes customers nervous. :)
Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Marcus,

Java version where? On the SMA?