New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View - Login not possible

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wolfgang1
Occasional Advisor

Command View - Login not possible

Hi,

I just installed command view 9.2 on a windows server 2003 which is a domain controller.
As I installed CV I got the error at the end of installation that the "XF service" has failed to start. When I now try to log into the CV I get the following message: "Login failed. Security services not available. Ensure security services are running." Which service is ment ?

Before installing CV 9.2 I uninstalled CV 6.0 which run perfectly. But I need to upgrade it because of a planned EVA firmware update.

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Wolfgang
22 REPLIES 22
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

This issue occurs if "HP Management Infrastructure" service is not in Started state.

The service "HP Management Infrastructure" requires a network interface configured with TCP/IP and its network link should be up (That is, network stack should be up and running).
Wolfgang1
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately I do not have any "HP Management Infrastructure". Please have a look at the attached picture here you can see the services which start with HP.

Regards,
Wolfgang
ziiz_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I have the same error but on Windows Server 2008 R2
"XF service has failed to start" and when i try to login into the CV I get the following message: "Login failed. Security services not available. Ensure security services are running."

Any ideas??

Thanks
ZIIZ
Wolfgang1
Occasional Advisor

@ziiz
Is your server also a domain controller ? Mine is one.
I ask because I was told (from a HP engineer), that sometimes domain controllers may make problems when you want to install CV.
ziiz_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

No it's not on a domain controller,
i found a solution for the previous error "Login failed. Security services not available. Ensure security services are running."
we should give an IP Address to the CV Server and start the service "HP management infrastructure or XF"
but now i got another error "insufficient privileges" when i try to login using an administrator account.

any ideas???

Regards,
ZIIZ
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi!

Have you created the group and added the user account to that group?

"HP Storage Admins" is the name of the group.
Wolfgang1
Occasional Advisor

That makes me happy that you do not have a domain controller. So this is not the problem.

Yes I have the needed groups and I'm a member of them. The previous installed 6.0 version of CV used these groups too and worked pretty fine on the same server.

When you look at my screenshot on my psoting of Apr 12, 2010 12:53:59 GMT you can see that I do not have any "HP management infrastructure or XF" service :(
How do I get it and how could I configure it to setup the mentioned IP address ?

I could fine a directoty named "C:\Programme\Hewlett-Packard\XF" on my server, I guess it has to do with that ?!

Thanks !
Wolfgang
ziiz_1
Occasional Advisor

yes the user is a member of the "HP Storage Admins" and "Administrators" groups.. but always i have the error "insufficient privileges".
I have a Windows server 2008 R2 enterprise Edition i don't know if you can find this service in the win2k3, anyway try to use this command "net start xf", but first make sure to assign an IP Address to a network interface that is connected on any LAN
Wolfgang1
Occasional Advisor

The networkinterfaces are connected, like I mentioned it's a domain controller and it's working fine. Both interfaces work perfectly together as a team. So there should not be a problem on the NIC side.

Unfortunately I do not have any service called "XF" so a "net start XF" also did not help. None of the installed services does contain the string "XF".