HPE EVA Storage

Command view EVA 9.3 and RSM 5.3 using multipath

iyad
Occasional Contributor

Command view EVA 9.3 and RSM 5.3 using multipath

I'm trying to create a script to create a snapshot from the source Linux redhat 5.5 server's volumes and mount them on a new Linux redhat 5.5 server.

I use Multpath software that I downloaded from HP site on both servers.

The script always fails , it cannot mount the the volumes to the mount host and fails with error : cannot mount /dev/mapper/mpath11  .

I noticed that the disk on the mount host is called /dev/mapper/mpath7  and on the source disk it is called /dev/mapper/mpath11 .

For some reason the script is trying to locate the disk on the mount host , using the same name as it was named on the source host , after discovering the newly presented disks to the  mount host the disk name is different than the source disk ,

I tried several ways to do this but always no success.

Need Urgent Help Please 

2 REPLIES 2
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Command view EVA 9.3 and RSM 5.3 using multipath

what happens when you do this manually, step by step?  Does the Snapshot come available as a seperate VOL and mount?

Re: Command view EVA 9.3 and RSM 5.3 using multipath

if I do it manually it works fine.

What I can see is that the script fails , when trying to mount the filesystem to the mount host using mount /dev/mapper/mpath11  /mountpoint

/dev/mapper/mpath11 does not exist on the mount host  after executing the discovery command. the newly discovered snapshot on the mount host is labeled as /dev/mapper/mpath7 .