1751943 Members
5075 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command view not working

EVA3000 VCS2006

Command view not working

HI
I have EVA3000 running on old VCS 2006, and Strorage applience 2.1, currently command view is discovering the EVA and show the first page of teh EVA total and remaining storage but when i browse teh Command view its reurn an error :"View list pointer is NUL"
I just want the command view to work to update the VCS and then i can run any new command view version
I restore teh storage applience many times and I am getting teh same error
can any one help ?
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I'll guess that you've got a version of Command View EVA that doesn't know how to talk to VCS 2006.

You'll probably find some useful info in my old thread here (towards the bottom):

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1113007

You need to be running CV EVA 3.1 to talk to VCS 2.00x. I don't recall what version gets installed when you restore the SMA.

Good luck,

Rob
EVA3000 VCS2006

this is a nice threat but its not solving my issue, i need a version of command view that can work with VCS2006
thanks
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

EVA3000 VCS2006

Thanks for the prompt update
I had tried to restore the storage appliance from restore CD but the same issue is still as is:
The command view is seeing the EVA controllers but cant brows any thing and giving the same Error
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

One thing that might work, since you have the Restore CD is to rebuild the server from scratch. I know it might take a while, but in the long run should work better for you.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

What version of Command View EVA do you now have installed ?

If you've reinstalled the SMA with the restore CD, then it's likely that you will need to install a later version to get to one that is compatible with VCS 2.006. I think the SMA started on CV EVA 3.0a

Try upgrading to CV EVA 3.1.

Cheers,

Rob