108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Connecting multiple EVA4400's to a C7000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ryan Banse
Advisor

Connecting multiple EVA4400's to a C7000

Currently we have one EVA4400 connected to a c7000. We are purchasing a second EVA4400 shortly and are curious what steps need to be done to get the second one to talk to the same c7000 as our first EVA. Is there any manuals out there on connecting multiple EVA's together? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Connecting multiple EVA4400's to a C7000

Hello,

How are your fabrics setup ?

Basically you just connect the new eva to your fabric(s) and zone it to the proper servers..

1) which interconnects are you currently using in your c7000

2) which eva model 4400 with/without built-in switch.

Regards
Ryan Banse
Advisor

The existing EVA is connected to the fabric via fiber (Brocade 4gb). I figured the EVA's had to be daisy chained together somehow but it doesn't look/sound like it. I just looked at our setup and it looks pretty straightforward. So within Command View, will it just automatically update itself to see the second EVA, or is there some configuration steps I would need to do (besides the zoning)?

I believe the EVA we get is without built-in switch.

Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Depends on how you connect your enclosures e.g. if you have Brocade c-Class switches in each enclosure, and connect these to an external switch which the eva is connected to, or if you connect the eva directly to the c-Class switches... there are different approaches..

Besides that is seems right.

Connect the EVA - do the switch config (name port/alias/zone/activate config) - press discover in command view and youre ready to go.

Regards
Ryan Banse
Advisor

Thanks!