4342 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Create a copy of a local vdisk and replicate it through CA

ecorban
Frequent Advisor

Create a copy of a local vdisk and replicate it through CA

Hi

I dont have RSM, but i would still like to be able to create a snatshot of a local ldev and then replicate it to a remote site using the SSSU utility.

Also, regarding rsm, is this the same sssu scripting utility as CA or does it use a completely independent scripting utility for RSM. Where can i find more information about creating local jobs using the RSM ?

The reason for the local snapshot question is that i haventh yet purchased the RSM which we will soon, but still would like to create a local point in time copy of a lun and replicate to the remote site, and just then delete the local copy lun ALL using SSSU ?

can somebody help as i need an answer ASAP.

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Create a copy of a local vdisk and replicate it through CA

Last time I checked, you could NOT replicate a snapshot with CA. You could take a snapclone, wait for normalization and then start the replication.

SSSU and RSM use a completely different syntax. SSSU is a simple 'fire command and forget' while the RSM syntax allows error handling.
To learn about RMS jobs, you really have to work with the product - I have never seen a document, everything is in the online help.

You don't have to buy "RSM" - the software is included in the BC-EVA or CA-EVA license.

> No fix, No problem; No Points
> have assigned points to 39 of 196 responses to my questions.
> http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/pageList.do?userId=CA774618&listType=question&forumId=1

Must have had a lot of non-solutions then...
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

You can also perform snapshot/snapclone operations using Command View EVA. NNot too sure about the robustness of using CV-EVA for CA operations, but I think you can none-the-less.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

CV-EVA for setting up CA is fine, too.

You can set up CA with CV, then use SSSU's "CAPTURE CONFIGURATION" command. It will create the "ADD/SET DR_GROUP" commands which you can use for further repeating tasks with SSSU.