4704 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Dell M600 Debian Linux to MSA1000

Micheal Wall
Occasional Contributor

Dell M600 Debian Linux to MSA1000

Greetings!

First of all, I'd like to thank the active members of this forum. You have been a wonderful and responsive group and have helped me on more than one occasion.

I have Dell M600 blade server with a QLogic QME2572 adapter connected to an MSA1000. However, for the life of me, I am unable to expose a logical disk to the Debian Squeeze Linux OS. I believe that the kernel has the driver already compiled in (or it is added as a module) because the kernel messages reveal that the kernel has correctly identified the hardware and loaded the driver.

I also have a Windows 2008 install on another blade. I installed the HP DSM on that box and am able to expose MSA1000 storage to it without a problem.

Do I have to install the HP DSM on the Debian box in order to access disks? If so, where do I find the sources/binary for the DSM? Are there any other suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
1 REPLY 1
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dell M600 Debian Linux to MSA1000

what operating system have you set on the connection to the Linux box? And is it the same HBA on each box, Also which F/W, I guess 5.3 as you have a 2008 server.