HPE EVA Storage

Detecting RSS sets on HP EVA8000 devices

SOLVED
Go to solution
TomEVAinfant
Occasional Advisor

Detecting RSS sets on HP EVA8000 devices

hello all, newbie here

is there a simple enough process whereby I can detect the RSS sets that exist? For instance, We have many EVA8000 devices and on some of them I know we have duplicate disks on same enclosures. I need to start moving disks to rectify this but I want an overall picture of what the situation is on all 3 of our EVA's before I start. I have in my memory banks that I once was able to "blink" a disk and have it locate its RSS set partnets but for the life of me I cannot find how to do it.

Any thoughts?

Tom
5 REPLIES 5
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Detecting RSS sets on HP EVA8000 devices

The display of the RSS state was removed on XCS 6.000 and on recent Command View versions.
You can extract the information with SSSU, running:

LS DISK FULL

Look for rssindex and rssid

There are tools that draw a picture from the SSSU output, but I'm now aware of any currently public.
TomEVAinfant
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for that and for the immediate contact. I shall see what I get.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The output of "LS" (and the former "SHOW") commands have been a moving target. It's much better to work with the XML output (e.g. "ls disk full xml").

I gave some information for getting started in this thread:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1247567

If you can get the XML output of "ls disk full xml" + "ls disk_group full xml" and attach it as .TXT files or in a .ZIP archive I will try to create a report.
Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Hi Uwe,

I need to provide me the command to convert the xml file to a graphical view using Log Parser 2.2
I'm confused and need your help.

Regards,
NXS
Valued Contributor

hello you can use this

http://command view server ip:2372/fieldservice