1748023 Members
4627 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Document Vdisk config on EVA 5000

brad1010
Occasional Contributor

Document Vdisk config on EVA 5000

I have 3 EVA 5000s with hundreds of vdisks. I am trying to find a way to document the vdisks and vdisk host mappings. Is there a way to export this information into excel or another format easily? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

You could get the configuration information via SSSU's XML output and then use Microsoft's "LogParser" utility to extract (part of) the data.
I've written some information in this thread:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1247567
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

You could use HPCC to do the collection on the EVAs and send the output to your HP Support person to run it through SANXpert. A wonderful document will result. Also there is a new tool called SAN Visibility, down-loadable from HP, that might do the trick.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

jhetrick
Advisor

The SAN Visibility tool, where exactly does that need to be installed. Can I run it off my desktop..or does it need to run on a server?
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

As per the URL....

"SAN Visibility runs on any Windows desktop or laptop which has network connectivity to a switch within your SAN."

I would suggest giving it a try to see if it meets all your needs.
brad1010
Occasional Contributor

I ended up calling HP support and sending them the SSSU output xml file and they sent me some text files with the vdisk and host to vdisk mappings. I tried the SAN Analyzer utility and it looks similar to the Brocade SAN health utility and the output is similar. It gives me information on the SAN switch fabric but not specific information on the EVA Storage systems as far as Vdisk and Host mappings are concerned.
Thanks for all your help and information!
brad1010
Occasional Contributor

Instead of "SAN Analyzer" above I meant the "SAN Visibility" tool.