HPE EVA Storage
1751807 Members
4927 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Does Anyone Know What An NCD Contract Is?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Does Anyone Know What An NCD Contract Is?

Does anyone know what an NCD contract is? I've be around and around with the vendor that we purchased our EVA6100 for a warrenty replacement on a defunct hard drive. The short story is that they told me to call HP. The serial number for the unit that I received for the vendor didn't begin with USExxxxxxx and they couldn't verify warrenty. To their credit they work through the problem. I noticed in the comments that it said:

Comments added : Aug 28, 2009 3:04:16 PM GMT
So re entitled the product and found that this EVA has NCD contarct.

I assume they mean NCD contract. Just wondering if anyone knows what this is and if it can help me from getting the run-around in the future.

Thanks,

Bob

6 REPLIES 6
Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

I've not heard of an NCD contract, but it could be region specific.

The serial number of the EVA, from where are you reading it? The sticker has moved around a bit over the years. It could either be on the back of the rack on the rear beam or on the back of the rail holding the controller.

The part number for an EVA6100 2C4D is AD556C for North America so look for a label with this number or something similar.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

if no additional support contact was purchased, the EVA should include 2 years foundation service support factory warranty. This should also include array installation and startup service and 2 years of 24x7 4h onsite support.

There must be a serial number sticker on the controller enclosure or near of it. 

Best regards,
Patrick

Best regards,
Patrick
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I checked some service agreements and found out, that a lot of EVA4x00/6x00 that we shipped, start with GB.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

I guess what makes this a little more out of the ordinary is that we did not purchase the EVA6100 with the enclosure. We have existing APC racks and installed the 6100 in that rack. I found the packing slit that came with the order and the only serial numbers that are listed that begin with USExxxxxxx are for the AD525C which is listed as the HP EVA4100/6100 Cont. Assembly and AD557B which is listed as the HP EVA Loop Switch-A Option.

The EVA was installed about 18 months age. I don't recall any serial numbers on the rails. But to be honest I really can't remember. I've looked around the controllers, loop switches, and what I can see from the rails and nothing.

What may also make this a little more complex is that the equipment was purchased from a state contract. I'm told that all equipment purchased through the state contract comes with a three year warranty. I guess that could be open for interpretation.

One of our HP reps emailed me this morning saying to expect a call from someone from HP Care Paq Services sales that will assist in reviewing what serive levels we have. I appreicate all of the suggestions. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Ahhhh!!!! There was a typo in the log. It should have been NBD for Next Business Day on-site support. Sorry about that. Thanks to Lynee, HP Care Pack Attach Sales for clearing that up.
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Ahhhh!!!! There was a typo in the log. It should have been NBD for Next Business Day on-site support. Sorry about that. Thanks to Lynee, HP Care Pack Attach Sales for clearing that up.