New Discussion юеВ

Re: EMULEX 4Gb/sec DP FCA HP Part number A8003A - LEDs and meaning of link up

SOLVED
Go to solution
A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

EMULEX 4Gb/sec DP FCA HP Part number A8003A - LEDs and meaning of link up

Hi,

I have an HP Proliant with an A8003A Emulex Dual port 4Gb/sec FCA installed. I have enabled the BIOS, and when I switch on the system the green LED light comes on and the yellow LED flashes indicating 4Gb/sec speed. According to the information on the HP Troubleshooting website.

The people who manage the SAN switch tell me that they cannot see the card since it has not logged into the SAN.

Please can you clarify if the port link up LED also means that the FCA port has logged into the SAN port?

Thanks
Andrew
3 REPLIES 3
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

hi, you say 'not logged into the SAN'. does this mean the HBA has logged into the fabric? connect into the switch and look at the port status to see if it has connected there, if so then it is likely to be a zoning or firmware issue. or perhaps the switch config.

I agree with Larry. You may want to speak with the SAN admins to see who manages the fabric. Sounds like zoning..
A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Spoke to the SAN guys, and it appears that when the system starts up the cards does connect to and login into the SAN fabric, but when I start my emulator software the card tries to re-connect as arbitrated loop. The card then gets logged out of the SAN.

THanks for your input.

ANdrew