5133 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 3000 HSV100 Starup Stuck on TE:23

sabar

EVA 3000 HSV100 Starup Stuck on TE:23

hi,

kindly anyone can help me. i have EVA3000 HSV100
one controller is running but another controler is not not running when we start it passing some test such as ram test passed then it jumpling to TE:12 and so one but it's going next from TE:23

what type of problem might i have we have started this system after 1 year.
6 REPLIES 6
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 3000 HSV100 Starup Stuck on TE:23

Hi
Not sure which TE number you are stuck on?
TE12 is cache memory test - if the ctrl is getting stuck here then you will probably need a new ctrl.
TE23 is a test of device port DP1B. Look round the back of the ctrl as all the ports are labelled. I would not expect this to stop a ctrl booting but as I said I am not quite sure what you are asking??

For people to help you some more you need to enter more details like:
XCS code running
what version of command view you are using
any fault LED's on the ctrl OCP, back panel or batteries
exactly what TE number is the OCP stuck on ???
any alarms from the shelf EMU's
and so on..
You have stated that it has not been turned on for a year ? then has it been moved ?? If so check all the cabling is correctly seated.
Enter this kind of info and people will probably be ablr to help you more.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
sabar

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your reply

we have software ver 3020

OCP is displaying TE:23 we wait for 1 hours but OCP nothing changed from TE:23

i have checked all the cables on back and all the cables are seated properly.

on second controller but first controller is working.

there is no any warning or error light on that controller.

there was error on EMU on first DAE which was due to power disconnected for the redundant power supply

but storage is working with one controller.

Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I guess you checked to make sure there was a green LED on DP1B as well ???
3.020 = out of support for years - you should really be at 3.110 or 4.100 as these are the latest / last versions for 3/5K EVA.
I would suggest you power cycle the bad ctrl and watch the OCP closely to see if any other messages/warnings/info comes up as well as checking all the LED's again to see if ctrl stops at same point again.
Mark...
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Forgot to put in..
sort fault out first then think about changing vcs code!
Mark...
sabar

Dear Mark,

i restarted the controller many time and wait for 30 Minutes 1 hour and 2 hours and same status message is coming nothing any and no light is coming up green at all.

i monitored power cycle closely through OCP and first steps it passed the test for RAM then it goes to TE:12, TE:13 and so on until TE:23 and stuck there.

second can i upgrade directly to 3120 i check for the fist controller but it's required at least software version 3028 to upgrade to 3120 and i don't have software 3028.

can i upgrade by some way the software of controller which is halted ?
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
1: if ctrl keeps halting in the same place after several power cycles then it would appear to be faulty. The only other thing I would try would be to physically remove or replace with a know good cable/sfp that goes into the bad ctrl DP1B. Power cycle again and see what happens. Still bad = new ctrl would be my next step.

2: You will not be able to code load the bad ctrl because it does not power up.

3: If you get a new ctrl, then once it is installed and working then you can code load. Both ctrls need to be functioning OK as ***BOTH*** ctrls get code loaded *** AND REBOOTED AT THE SAME TIME ***.

You should also read the relevant release notes before proceding. You will probably need to do command view as well.

To get the code then just do a search through the itrc as there are several links to the diff code revisions.If you go to HP's website for EVAxxx you will probably only find the last version of code. You will also find lots of good/helpful strings on code loading as it has been covered in the itrc many times before...

Mark...