5014 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 3000 and MSA 1000 in same fabric

(VJ)
Advisor

EVA 3000 and MSA 1000 in same fabric

Hi All

I have maxed out EVA 3000 and need more storage space. Reasonable solution would be to upgrade disks or replace EVA 3000 with bigger and better system.

However I also have MSA 1000 which is not really utilised at the moment and I'm curious if it's possible to have both EVA 3000 and MSA 1000 in the same fabric so that storage available in MSA 1000 can be presented to hosts connected to EVA 3000?

I'm reasonably new to EVA/MSA storage networks so please forgive me if I'm talking nonsense. :)

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: EVA 3000 and MSA 1000 in same fabric

Hi,

it is the objective of a SAN to have multiple servers and arrays connected.

The details may depend on things like zoning, OS etc., but in general you can do this.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

You will have to restrict the zoning through single path during the migration fase. Otherwise you can have problems with multipath drivers.
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

VJ,

Go ahead with it - I have EVA5K/8K/HSG80/HSZ70/MSA1000s all in the same production fabric!

Ofcourse you need to make sure that all your zoning procedures are in place and sanity check done on it.

Best place to check when in doubt about compatibility and vendor support for mixing SAN elements is HP SAN Design Guide - quick search on HP.COM will take you there!