4668 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 4000 Problem

Nader Zamani
Occasional Contributor

EVA 4000 Problem

Dear All.
I have an eva 4000 disk array and a fabric with two hp 2/16v san switch and many server(W2k3 r2sp1) that has LUN assigned to them from eva 4000(the servers connected to san via hp fca 2404 or fca 2143 HBA).Sometimes servers lost thier connection to LUN and i have to restart them to join again to their LUN.I would appreciate any idea to solving this problem.
Best Regards

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk, Disk Arrays (Retired Discussion Board) to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

How is the zoning set up on your SAN Switches?

Can you log in to the web console, hit th eadmin page and hit the "View Configuration" button? and post it?

Or log in via telnet and run...
cfgshow
zoneshow

and post the output?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Nader Zamani
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer,I didn't config zonning on switches(they use default configuration).
Best
Nader Zamani
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mr. Steven Clementi
I have 2 hp san switch 2/16v and after viewing the switch log ,I saw the following message " Watchdog threshold reached" Error and after that switch rebooted and all san devices lost their connection to storage.
Also this error message viewed in san switch error logs " Processor rebooted - software fault:kernel panic" .