1752565 Members
5464 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

EVA 4400 Firmware Upgrade to XCS 10000000

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: EVA 4400 Firmware Upgrade to XCS 10000000

I hope you meanwhile found the owners guide ....

If you power the system off via command view, everything will power off. To power on, first power the disk shelfs, wait some minutes, then power the controllers.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Niranjan Das
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys,

I am asking a bit off track but a related Question. Hope some one hops in for answer.

Actually i have a EVA4400 array too and was runing 95xxxx firmware on it. We decided to upgrade the firmware. Downloaded HP_EVA_4400_6400_8400_XCS_10000000_Media_T4256_10046 possibly the latest firmware from the website and upgraded the controller. I was using Commandview that is integrated in the management of the array. There was no compatibility check issue while the pre-firmware load test ran.

Following the upgrade, EVA controller are not accessible. State is down. Controller 1 and Controller 2 management link failed. I powercycled the system but it is not recovering in last 48 hours. Can some expert help in ?

Thanks.

fmuffat

Hello Niranja,

I exactly have the same issue. Did you find out a resolution?

Regards,

Fred

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

Did you try: Pull out one controller and then boot the EVA. If the other controller has booted, put the second controller back in.

Did you upgrade the management first? Also on latest CV?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

If you like to keep your data, I would prefer to call hp support first before pulling anything.

BTW, the current firmware is 10001000 since end of last year; command view should be version 9.4 or 10.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
miaso120
Advisor

Not all 95xxxx are supported for direct upgrade to 10xxxx, you may need to upgrade to intermediate 09534000 first.

We had the exact same problem - updated from unsupported 9xxxx drectly to 10xxxxx and controllers didnt come up after reboot. Ended up calling HP, their guy hooked up to the rear of controllers with COM cable, entered several commands and voila - everything are back online and even data is intact. As he explained in our case all update procedures actually finished successful and there was some problem with controller inter-sync at boot time