5660 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 4400 both Controller is Unknown

Md. Aminul Hoq
Advisor

EVA 4400 both Controller is Unknown

Hi All,
I have an EVA4400 (HSV300),Today one controller was ok then I have update Management firmware 1.00.00.080211, but right now both controller is unknown. I can't see anything in the storage. Data is not important but I need to resolve this issue.
anybody can help me to resolve the regarding issue?

Note: Screen short is in attachment file.

Aminul
4 REPLIES 4
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Hello,

Are you using the Command View on the module, or on a server ?

Is the error appearing in Command View or is it in the WOCP status?

Regards
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Over time, HP has changed the internal communication in an incompatible way, so there are combinations of HSV/XCS and WOCP software versions which work together and others do not.

The correct way is to set up the EVA first so that the WOCP's configuration can be saved in the EVA's meta-data area.

Then upgrade the EVA XCS controller firmware - this can result in the communications loss.

Then upgrade the WOCP firmware with a version suitable to the XCS version. After the WOCP has rebooted it should be able to talk to the controllers again and pick up its configuration.
Md. Aminul Hoq
Advisor

Hi dear,
I have re-install the command view EVA but problem is same (Unknown Controller). I need to update controller firmware without command view EVA. Is it possible? if possible then please tell me the procedure.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I don't have all the details (like what XCS controller firmware is running on the HSV300 controllers), but it looks like you simple can't get forward.

I guess the controller firmware (XCS) ist too old and does not talk the newer protocol which is now running on the management module.

If that is true, even a downgrade of the WOCP's firmware will not help, because then are you losing CV-EVA from the WOCP again. For now your only chance is to connect an external Windows server with CV-EVA and use it to upgrade the controller firmware.

In my opinion, you _do_ need a separate management server anyway (whatever marketing/sales are telling). Even today, you cannot upgrade the disk drive firmware via the WOCP.