Ernazar
Visitor

EVA 4400 cannot finish disk group leveling

Good day!

We have problem with our HP EVA 4400

Product number: AG637A

Product Serial number: SGA819008T

It has 2 enclosures with 12 disk each.

During 1 week 3 disks from 1 enclosure have failed. We have replaced them with new disks.

And now disk group of this enclosure cannot finish leveling. It gets to 80% and starts leveling sometimes from 27% and sometimes from 50%.

Here is the log file.

5 REPLIES 5
Ernazar
Visitor

Re: EVA 4400 cannot finish disk group leveling

I forgot to say: all disks had firmware HP07, but new replaced disks had firmware HP09.

And yesterday we have upgraded all disks to firmware HP09.

Arnaud Delaloy
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I'm not sure if it answers your question, but I found that the % leveling progress indicator in CV can be misleading :

this value can be reset after the creation or destruction of a Vdisk in the DG, but the actual leveling progress on the disks is not lost, data was really moved.

(we saw this mainly in a big DG of 1Tb FATA drives, where leveling completed in about 12 days and the % changed every time we had some Vdisk operations to do)

The only sure way I found to monitor the progress was to look regularly at the occupancy size in Gb in each disk (esp. the recently inserted ones)

but if the disk occupancy doesn't change significantly over time , then there is really a problem with this DG...

Ernazar
Visitor

Yes I have 1TB FATA disk drives

8 disks have occupancy 931.15 GB

and 4 disks have occupancy about: 145.16 GB

and these values are not changing significantly after Hard disk firmware upgrade (((

Ernazar
Visitor

I forgot to post a log that was yesterday.

Also available disk space is shown as empty.

Ernazar
Visitor
Solution

It seems that it was not enough disk space in array, I have deleted all VDisks until DG had 56% of free space and just after that DG finished leveling.