HPE EVA Storage
1752536 Members
5015 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

EVA 4400 delete disk group (possible default DG) cause disruption?

happygrl
Advisor

EVA 4400 delete disk group (possible default DG) cause disruption?

I have a EVA 4400, version 09534000.

I have 2 Disk Groups, let's say #1 and #2. I want to delete DG #1 and have already deleted all vdisks associated with it. As I inherited this array, I do not know which DG is or may be my default disk group.

How do I know if this is my default disk group and if so, will deleting this DG cause any disruption?

After deleting the DG, will the physical disks listed in this DG automatically go into the Ungrouped container? my plan is to replace these disks with larger capacity disks and place into my second DG.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Zsal
Valued Contributor

Re: EVA 4400 delete disk group (possible default DG) cause disruption?

From Command View v9.2 onwards, if default diskgoup is being deleted, it will give a warning mentioning disk group contains system information that must be relocated when group is deleted and it would perform resync.

To make this process complete, the controllers need to perform resynchronization to make this new disk group active as the default disk group. During this resynchronization the hosts may loose access to the LUNs. After deletion of the DG the associated disks would be freed up.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Zsal