4674 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 4400 issue

AVV
Super Advisor

EVA 4400 issue

Hi ,

I am installing a new EVA 4400 in my setup. This is connected to a SAN switch (HP 8/40) and to my SMA (Windows 2003 32bit). Zoning look good and SMA detetcs the controller also. When I installed the command line EVA in SMA, it does not dicover the storage. If I am connecting directly to management port of EVA, I could see the storage details. Did any one face the issue as Command Line EVA is not detecting the storage ...I am sure my Zoning is good.
7 REPLIES 7
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The HBAs on that server are Emulex 8 Gb/s(HP part numbers AJ762A and AJ763A)?

Then you should install this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945119

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You can also check if CV sees the EVA by running "cvutil paths" on the CV server.

Can the server see disks presented to it?
AVV
Super Advisor

Hi,

I have updated the patches as said but no result.

The server could able to see the LUNs present to it. I am able to view the same through disk management but cvutil path does not show me any
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Then you may be on a typical situation where the external Command View cannot talk to the EVA, while everything else works. This is a known bug and the solution is to reboot the master controller (usually controller 1).

This will be corrected on next firmware. Meanwhile, the recomendation is to create single initiator - single target zones.
AVV
Super Advisor

Hi vcespon ,

I tried by rebooting the controller (both..controller 2 and followed by 1) but no luck. I even tried by hard resetting the power button.. STILL NO LUCK !!

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Okay, if the CVE server can see the presented luns it has some connectivity.

CVE only speaks with the master controller.

Do you still don't see any from cvutil paths?
Might be that the server only have zoning access to one contller.
AVV
Super Advisor

Thanks