7152 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 4400

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

EVA 4400

Hi, I want to setup EVA replication.
In production site, I have one EVA 4400 controller with 2 disk enclosure , 2 SAN switch and one FCIP router and in DR site also same configuration. I have the CA and BC licenses.Please tell me all the steps to do this.
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 4400

Hello,

is your SAN properly zoned? To setup the FCIP link between the sites I would recommend to take a closer look into the "HP StorageWorks IP Distance Gateway quick start instructions":

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01763561/c01763561.pdf

If the FCIP link is up and running check you zoning. Depending in the amount of replicated data you should zone two or more hostports of the EVA together into one zone. If you licenses are okay and both EVAs are managed by one CV server, you should be able to setup a DR group and select the destination system.

Take a look into the "HP StorageWorks Continuous Access EVA planning guide".

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
MAH_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks .
I have not started the installation of EVA.
I need ur help to configure the EVA DR group and Zoning. I will create 10 VDISKs. I want to replicate only 6 VDISK to other EVA.
I have 4 servers connected to EVA.I heard different type of zoning. Which zoning is best ?I am using only windows servers.
How can I zone the Port , that is connected to the FCIP.?

щЗСхНлцШО

input install licenses!
Henry A.C. Jansen
Trusted Contributor

Hi MAH...

I recommend you to let a HP or Partner Storage Engineer assist you or better take care of the installation... this installation may be more complex than just connecting some wires...

If you don't install things properly you could end up with not decent working EVA 4400's and most of these Storage Array's work perfectly fine with the IP distance Gateway..