1753666 Members
6269 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 44000 Command View

fattyh

EVA 44000 Command View

Hi,
I am having trouble with running command view, this anstallation was running fine for 6 months. Last week command view didn't work at all, and the service kept failing and restarting every 4 seconds. I lost ip connectivity to the management card, logs reported https failure. I reset the the management card using the reset switch, connected to the default ip address, and changed the ip to the original. I logged into the web interface of the management card, and reset the passwords.

I could log into Command view successfully, but the storage will not discover. It says there is one storage unit and shows a wwn, and reports both controllers and their software. It shows no LUNS and no size information. The storage is still functioning correctly, and is presented to the client machines via fibre from the fc switches.

I have checked the port zoning on the switches, it all seems fine, the management server is zoned to only the san ports on switch fabric 1.

I just upgraded the drivers on the server using smart start 8.3, now the command view service keeps dying again......
And just as a present for my troubles, the NIC teaming client (NCU) has keeled over with a driver missmatch, no surprise there though....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ian
2 REPLIES 2
Viveki
Trusted Contributor

What is the FW level of Management module?
What is the command view EVA version?
What is the XCS version?
What is the OS version?
What is the SAN switch FW version?

fattyh

Hi,
From the Management Card

Controller hardware: HSV300
XCS version: 09006000
XCS build: CR1276lep
Management firmware: 1.00.00.080916

Management Server OS Windows 2003 Std SP2 Fully patched.

Switch Firmware v6.2.0.b

SSSU Version reports Version 8.0.0 Build 122007A

cveva.exe Version is 8, 0, 80215, 0
I can't run it to see the version internally.

Thanks