3654 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 5000 cat 4-Ungrouped DISK

krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

EVA 5000 cat 4-Ungrouped DISK

Hi,

I am Managing Eva 5000. In this array there are 6-72GB and 1-146GB disk are in ungrouped disk, these disk has to go back to the DG from which it has come, but not sure from which DG it has came. How to find from which DG this disk has come,pls suggest.

Note: There is no Primaid symbol showing in the DG, so I am unable to find that way also from which DG has come.
10 REPLIES 10
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Did you ungroup them or did the EVA automatically ungroupped them.
Besides knowing how many disks there should be on each disk group, you can look at the event log, search "a volume has been removed from a LDAD", that contains which disk and from which disk group.
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

After the diks failure the disk has been replaced and my counterparts has not added the disk back to the DG, so this made the disk lying in the Ungrouped DG. This has happen before 6 months. I need to dig the logs and see if anything looks positive.
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

After the diks failure the disk has been replaced and my US counterparts has not added the disk back to the DG, so this made the disk lying in the Ungrouped DG. This has happen before 6 months. I need to dig the logs and see if anything looks positive.
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I am not ablr to find this error log"a volume has been removed from a LDAD", can you please me more specific what is the error code, so It be helpful for me to trace the logs.
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

Can any one help me on this.
If logs is the only way to check for it, cna you pls give it more specific what is the error code, so it will be easy for me to search, bcz I need to find in old logs.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

If the disks failed, then it's probable that they have not been ungroupped, so you cannot use that.
Do you have information on how many disks there should be on each disk group or the total capacity needed?
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
LDAD = means a disk group so if you look at this again it may tell you the name of the disk group that the disk was in.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

Hi vcespon,

I dont have the info how many DG should have how many disk, I have SSSU utility, is there any way to find the info.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
To find out how many and what disks are in your DG just use command view and look at the properties of your disk groups for that info. It will also show you any presented LUNs for the DG as well. Easier than using SSSU.

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...