1752525 Members
4584 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 6000 faulted controller B

julydimitrov
Occasional Contributor

EVA 6000 faulted controller B

Hi, I have problem with second controller on EVA 6000.The OCP Expander doesn't light. I was replace the OCP but the problem still persists.When i tried to restart the controller it doesn't start. I was order the new one controller for replace, but i can't find eny action plan precudure for replacement. Can somebody help me with this?
Thank you in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: EVA 6000 faulted controller B

Hello,

I don't think Controller is a CSR (Customer Self Replaceable) part. So the replacement procedure is not available in public sites. You can refer the following link to get the procedure to replace parts,
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/index.html

If it is not mentioned in this site then I would suggest to go through proper channel and contact HP.

If forum moderater confirm that we can share the procedure here I will share it for sure.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
julydimitrov
Occasional Contributor

I was see this link but there isn't controler replacment procedure.
I dont know what happen when i install the new controller to the EVA.does the new controller will applys setting from controller A.
if you can share me the doc please.
thank you
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

When a controller doesn't start up like that, usually HP would want to look through the serial port of the EVA controller and see what is happening. How to do this is not publicly available either.

Is there activity in the controller event log when you try to boot the replacement controller?

Any leds lit at all on the front or the back?

What firmware are you running?

It should get up with the same firmware as the one already installed.
julydimitrov
Occasional Contributor

thanks a lot but I was found the procedure in HP Storage Works EVA 6000 service manual, and tomorrow will replace the controller with newone.