1753948 Members
7376 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 6000 not powering on

melkyw

EVA 6000 not powering on

Hi All,
I need assistance to an issue I encountered with a customer's HP EVA 6000 not powering on.

This EVA is for a DR site and I power off the EVA for power maintenance in the building. Before power off I noticed that both cache batteries, 1x fan and x2 PSU (1 on each controllers) were faulty. I ordered replacements for all faulty parts and replaced all.

During power on, I noticed that there is no display on the OCP on both controllers. One controller is still indicating a flashing amber light on the battery. and the other controller's light are all green.

How can I get the controllers to power on (with OCP displays)?

Please assist. I cannot access the controller even from CVEVA.

Regards
Melky
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 6000 not powering on

Hi Melky,

How, exactly, were the faulty parts replaced - with the power off or on ?

If done with the power off, then you'll have no way of knowing whether the replacements are any good...

One possible exception to this is the battery replacement for which it depends on the version of XCS in use as to whether this should be done with the power on or off.

Cheers,

Rob
melkyw

Thanks Rob.

I replaced the faulty parts when the power was off.

Also, a spare Fan, battery and PSU was ordered which I tried connecting and still the same issue.

I'll powering on today without the battery and see how it goes.

Melky
melkyw

Hi All,
I power on the controllers without the battery but there is still no display on OCP. I also reseated the Checksum card and memories but to no avail.

BTW: Is there any special way of powering on the controllers? I only power on from the switch at the back of the controller and could not see any other switches/buttons to use.

Sorry for asking too much but this my first EVA6000 to troubleshoot. I'm only use to the EVA 4400 controllers.

Melky