108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 6100 Fibre Channel loop switches

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

EVA 6100 Fibre Channel loop switches

I have an EVA6100 with two HSV200-B controllers with two Fibre Channel loop switches. I will be upgrading the controllers to XCS 6220. I was wondering if the XCS 6220 upgrade also upgraded the firmware on the loop switches or if that is a separate upgrade. If it is a separate upgrade should it be done before or after the XCS 6220 upgrade? Currently the loop switches are on version 2.5. Any help will be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Bob,
No separate upgrade required for these loop switches, it is taken care by the XCS upgrade. Same goes for replacement of these switches, they automatically upgraded/downgraded to desired version.
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Amardeep,

Great. This is what I needed to know. Thank you.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Hmm - as far as I know the code for the switches has never changed and IS NOT upgraded by a code load of the ctrls!?!?!
However the rest is correct - upgrading the code of the ctrls is OK as long as you make sure you read and understand the release notes fully first.
MArk...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Mark├в ┬ж Thanks for the caveat. I always read the release notes but understanding is another thing. Amardeep reply assured me that there wasn't a separate code load for the loop switches. In everything that I read I didn't see anything about it but then there always seems to be something that I miss. The story of my life. Thanks again for your insight.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,
Glad I could be of some help and that is what the itrc is for! Everyone tries to help.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...