1752808 Members
6312 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EVA 6100 licensing issues...

TonyLayzell
Occasional Visitor

EVA 6100 licensing issues...

We currently run an EVA 6100 with command view 9.  We recently went to expand a volume and were unable to do so because the CV general license is showing as Not Licensed. 

However in the License Key Expiration details below it shows that we have a valid CV General License for unlimited capacity.

T5185A  - HP CV EVA 3k/4k Upgd to 6k Ser Unlim Lic

This is the first EVA I have encountered so looking for some help.  Phoning the HP Netherlands licensing team has so far been unproductive and I am unable to send them an email as I cannot read Dutch :0)

Help!  What is going on with my EVA

7 REPLIES 7
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Can you post a screen shot?

Have you tried to restart Command View or the Command view Server?

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

The license you have

T5185A  - HP CV EVA 3k/4k Upgd to 6k Ser Unlim Lic

is an upgraded license that meens that you need a permenant license for 

Command Veiw for an EVA3000 or EVA4000 -

HP CV EVA 3000/4000 Unlimited Lic

to make it work

Regards

TonyLayzell
Occasional Visitor

I can see where your coming from but a base license was never installed and until now we never needed to expand the storage so its not been identified.  If I need a base license where will I get one from.  Some of my colleagues have been speaking to various HP departments and we are being quoted 5 - 6k for a licence we should have got from the vendor but admittedly either misplaced or failed to ask for.

Screenshot as requested...

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Was this EVA upgraded directly from an EVA3000/4000/4100? or was the data migrated from an old EVA to the new EVA?

If the EVA was "in-place Upgraded", the old license should have transferred with the system.

If the 6100 was purchased as a full system with the plans to upgrade and de-commission the old EVA, you'll need to get the license from the old EVA and have it migrated to the new WWID. (I.E. You brought up the 6100, migrated all your data to it and shutdown the old EVA)

I would also assume that Command View was probably upgraded at the same time possibly giving you a 60 day temp license, though the image shows that license expiring in 2010... and there hasn't been any issues since then that required changes to the running configuration... until now?

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
TonyLayzell
Occasional Visitor

Now that sounds like a VERY viable answer.  I think it has been upgraded to a 6100 and no changes have been made since its initial upgrade.

SO!

Where do I get a base license for this then?

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

You are in a real tough spot because unless you prove you are entitled to a license no license will be issued.

You might try to install a windows server with new command view and see if you get a new 60 day trial.

This could be your solution as nothing stops working when there is no license only you can not create things you might even try and install command view on VM guest.

if you are realy stuck send me an e-mail zohar@dooks-it.com

Regards

Alikish

Hi

I bought  a Eva 6100 And HP Integrity rx4640 Server

From one of online auctions but from that date I try to recover software from HP but I couldn't’t after more than 100 times of communicating with the HP I get Noting.

Now I find someone to buy my Eva. But I have to buy command view for it.

Is that anyone know which product no or where could I can buy from?

Tanks for every one who can help me.