1753284 Members
5470 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 8100 Disk Group occupancy exceeds capacity

Gary Donatelli
Occasional Contributor

EVA 8100 Disk Group occupancy exceeds capacity

Hello, How is this possible. The occupancy is at 26 Tb and the capacity of the diskgroup is 23 Tb. I'm working to remove some luns from this diskgroup but does anyone know how this is possible?
3 REPLIES 3
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 8100 Disk Group occupancy exceeds capacity

Your diskgroup is likely "leveling"?
Hakuna Matata.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It is a bug in the controller firmware.
It might be possible to 'fix' this by rebooting the master controller.
If that does not help, a "fast sync" (that is polite for REBOOT without hardware diagnostics) is needed, but you need assistance of a support technican. End-users are not supposed to try that.
They might even suggest a full offline-reboot - happend to one of my customers last year.

No matter what, I would log a call with HP support. They should diagnose the current state and assist with the problem.

That keeps them 'in the loop' and they later have no excuse not to help 'because you destroyed important information from the system by rebooting'. If you had not done so, bla bla bla.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Agreed Uwe, seen this many times as well. Reboot master controller solves the issue most of the times.

You can see which is the master by looking in the OCP on the front of the EVA controller. In one menu (information I think) it will say master or slave.

For other people getting this issue Gary: Which XCS and Command View version are you running?