HPE EVA Storage

EVA 8100 snapcopy space

Mark Read
Contributor

EVA 8100 snapcopy space

I would like to reserve several TB for onlly snapcopy space and never allow the space to be consumed by production or developement storage needs outside of snapcopy.

I understand that a snapcopy by design must be written to disks within the same disk group. If I only have one disk group, is there a way to reserve the snapcopy space?
2 REPLIES 2
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 8100 snapcopy space

Hi,
In a word - no.
Any space in a disk group that has not been used is free to create whatever you have capacity and a licence for.
To stop people using the space, do not give them access to CV and then they will not be able to create any Vdisks, etc!
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: EVA 8100 snapcopy space

A SnapSHOT must by design must be written to disks within the same disk group. A SnapCLONE may be written to any disk group with sufficient space.

You can "reserve" space in a disk group by creating Containers which are then used when creating/refreshing SnapClones. When done with the SnapClone, demote it back to a Container.

(Don't forget to rate the usefulness/quality of *all* responses to (all of) your question(s).)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo