7099 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 9 System Time

subashbl870
Regular Advisor

EVA 9 System Time

Dear all
We have EVA9.01 it's working fine in this morning i got problem of Battery module cannot hold up it's cache HSV300 Front panel LCD
(Orange color)Triangle simple . so i have created a support case manager . hp guys he made a call to me they said to me we should generate a log for term Evevnt and ctrl log . i had generated . after that i had sent to them . so said we couldn't view because of your log files very old date . so can u update your EVA. what is the problem ?
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

check the system time of CV and the server on which is CV running. Normally CV should sync the time with the server it is running on. What XCS is running on your EVA?

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Armin Kerl
Frequent Advisor

Go to: CommandView > EVA > Initialized Storage System Properties > System Options > Set time options > Re-sync controller time with the SAN management time
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Normally, yes, but:

- from what I have seen, CV-EVA loves to 'forget' that it should synchronize the time

- there is another problem in the wonderful disk enclosures I/O modules that can cause 'hickups' during time synchronization. One recommendation is not to sync the time.

Call me a cynic, but my experience with computers is that you have a max. 50% chance to do things right.