HPE EVA Storage
1751883 Members
5267 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA Controllers Compatibility

Mohammad Kazemaini

EVA Controllers Compatibility

We have 2 EVA 4000 2C4D in our network, which are mirrored by continues access license. Source EVA controller has failed and can not operate anymore. it's not possible to obtain one either, all the offers we have for replacement is an EVA 4100. I wonder can i change the failed controller with an EVA 4100 without obtaining any new license for both continues access and Command View? the versions for the second functioning system are as follows;

Type: HSV200
Version: 6000
Software: CR0D63xc3p-6000
Command View EVA V6.0 Build 193
8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Controllers must be identically.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You cannot have an EVA with one controller of each kind. You need two HSV200 or two HSV200-B controllers.

But the real problem is that the disk enclosures cannot be directly used with HSV200-B controllers, they need to have the new CTS I/O modules (spares ending in -009), so the enclosure becomes an M5314C.

Firmware 6000 is out of support, the controllers should have 6200 or 6200.
Command View should be updated too, to 9.1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> Firmware 6000 is out of support, the controllers should have 6200 or 6200.

should be

Firmware 6000 is out of support, the controllers should have 6200 or 6220.

;-))

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Mohammad Kazemaini

Well the by to EVA i meant 2 EVA Storage meaning 2 storage systems each with one pair of HSV200 controllers and i want to change one piare of HSV200(EVA4000) with another pair of EVA 4100 and then continue the replication between two systems.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

That's what you get when proof-reading while distracted by other things. ;-) Even after you pointed it out, I had to read the sentence 3 times to see what was wrong.

This remembers me of a case last year, a customer called complaining that they had got a CV license for their EVA and it was accepted, but still appeared as unlicensed. It took 4 people (customer, partner, me and a friend), to spot that they had typed an 8 instead of a B in the WWN field of the lincense form.
Mohammad Kazemaini

Well, if we change one pair with new EVA4100 Controllers, for SAN system 1, can i upgrade the SAN 2 Controller firmware and also command view without obtaining new licenses, neither for command view nor for continues access??
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You need the licenses re-generated on a new format, necessary for CV 7, 8 and 9.

If you don't have a CV general license loaded, you need to request it first. It's mandatory, but it was not mandatory to have it loaded until CV 7.
Mohammad Kazemaini

Thank you so much for you great help. All i got from your info was, changing the controllers and upgrading the firmwares will not be concidered as a new purchase as long as the WWN remains the same only needed a license rgeneration in new format. If you send me a link to any document which providew the procedures for the process, i would appriciate it a lot