3923 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

EVA LUNS showing multiple on windows 2003

zippy03
Occasional Contributor

EVA LUNS showing multiple on windows 2003

Hi

Have an eva 4000 with command view on a windows 2003 service pack 2. My HBA is a ql2342 dual port. I have presented a lun to the server to do backups from a vmware over fiber. My issue is the LUN is being seen by the OS four times, as both ports are connected to fabric paired up with each controller for redundancy. I have resolved similar issue easily in linux by installing a multipulse driver which handles such issues. With windows it seems to be not that easy. I have read and tried several approaches with no success. It seems the fix is at the HBA level and have made several attempts using sansurfer HBA manger with no success. The current path is grayed out which is where I am thinking I need to define the LUN primary path for the OS. IF anyone has any insight or suggestions on how this can be done it would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA LUNS showing multiple on windows 2003

Hi,

Did you install the MPIO driver from HP for P2000 in Windows?

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA LUNS showing multiple on windows 2003

Hi, you want to install the MPIO manager and the MPIO DSM for the EVA, not the P2000.

Link to downloads: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=421494&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=421492&taskId=135