1752665 Members
5414 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA Replication Storage concept

SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

EVA Replication Storage concept

I'm configuring two HP EVA 4400 storage work with HSV300 controller with continuouse access license for remote replication with each other. I'm using command view 9.1 and RSM 5.0 software.In EVA1 I've configured 8 hard disk in disk group1. 5 virtual disks created with in vraid1 of capcity out of 700gb, vdisk1=200gb,vdisk2=200gb,vdisk3=400gb,
vdisk4=1gb and vdisk5=1gb.Now I'm tyring to create virtual group for remote replication. vdisk1 and vdisk2 created replicaton virtual group with distination EVA2 successfully but when trying to create remote virtual group for third vdisk3, it give error showing not enough disk space. I could not understand how to calculate disk space to create replication virtual group. Any one can briefly descrip the disk calculation to create replication.
6 REPLIES 6
SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

Sorry. When configured vdisks in vraid1 out of total capacity of storage is 830gb.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

with the latest firmware CA uses a 100 GB (VRAID 1, so it uses 200 GB disk space) for the write history log. Each DR group uses a seperate log. If you add 5 DR groups, you need 1000 GB of additional space for the logs. You should add all vdisks to one DR group.

Best practise is to put all vdisks, that belong to one application/ cluster into one DR group. An failover is initiated on DR group level, so all vdisks that belong to one DR group will failover together.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

Thanks PatriK,
Can you little bit elaborate how to put all vdisks, that belong to one application/ cluster into one DR group. Is there any option in CV 9.1 which do so?

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I don't have a Command View EVA in front of me, but if I remember correct, you went to the disk group and there you can add other vdisks to the DG. Maybe you need to remove the vdisk, you want to add, from the other disk group.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

Thanks patrik. Now I'm able to create single DG whick include all members of vdisk successfully.
One more question. I've one Host in remote site where replicated remote EVA is there.Now I would like to see this replicated storage from this host while DC(source storage) is down totally in the concept like disaster. how can i access distination storage from distination host. I've presented distination host with source vdisk. Can i fail back in RSM, so that distination storage automatically recover like source storage?
SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

thanks