Re: EVA disk failure - finding disk name & disk group

SOLVED
Go to solution
S.S.
Super Advisor

EVA disk failure - finding disk name & disk group

Hi Experts,
Our's is EVA8000.
Last weekend there is one physical disk failure which is the check condition error populated number of times.

For ungrouping this disk when i went to that faulty disk, drive drive for finding the disk name under Disk Enclosure it was showing that the "The disk drive in this bay is unidentifiable."
In this case how can i know the name of the disk and the disk group of the faulty disk to replace with new one.

Kindly help me.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
susanta_dutta
Trusted Contributor
Solution

There are two ways to know this, if you have any previous configuration captured, refer the enclosure & bay number of the drive to the details of it, alternatively, event log would have the details of drive during failure.

Regards
Susanta
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Eehhhmm... Don't you know how many disks should be on each disk group? Just look at the total number of disks on each disk group and see which one is missing a disk.

Or ask someone in HP support to check the logs, there should be messages about a disk group starting reconstruction. In that message is the WWID of the disk group, and you can then identify which disk group had a failed disk.
S.S.
Super Advisor

Thank you.
Got the info from HP Engineer.

Problem solved.