HPE EVA Storage
1753285 Members
5579 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA integration with OVOW - Points guaranteed!

SRIP_1
Advisor

EVA integration with OVOW - Points guaranteed!

Hi,

I am trying to intergrate OVOW7.5 with HP EVA. After doing some search and contacting HP I found that there is no direct SPI available for managing HP EVA but alternatives exist viz. using SNMP traps, using storage essentials etc.
And I opted to go with SNMP traps and need your help in understanding the following:

1) Do I need have NNM for building these traps and then build the SNMP policies at OVO

2) What configuration needs to be done at the EVA end for forwarding the traps?

Is there a cook book or a ready reckoner or if someone has done this intergration using the SNMP traps please share the procedure. Points guaranteed.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Oscar_Maim├│
Regular Advisor

I integrated EVA SNMP traps with Nagios using snmptt (snmp trap translator). I never have used OVO.
To configure EVA for forwarding traps you must do the following.
1-Configure host notifications
.Select EVA\System Options\Configure Host Notifications\Modify host list
. Specify the address of the host that will receive traps an the port. (In my CV version, default is snmp)
2-Configure the events that you want forward as snmp traps.
.Select EVA\System Options\Configure event notification
3-Enable snmp traps on CV server specifying the community and the server that will receive the traps.

Greetings
Oscar
SRIP_1
Advisor

Oscar,

We've followed the same procedure but are not receiving any alerts to the OVOW, however these events are appearing in the command view event console. Am I missing something or any pre-requisite.
Oscar_Maim├│
Regular Advisor

You could use a network tool in your OVO server to detect if the traps are arriving. I haven't used OVO before, but SNMP is the same protocol for all systems. You should check if the EVA mibs are compiled, if not, the manager server can't understand the traps. I have used Insight Manager before. It has the EVA MIBs compiled by default, so no problem in SIM. When I configured Nagios for EVA traps I had to compile the mibs.

Greetings
Oscar