108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA management server IP change

SOLVED
Go to solution
usarmy
Occasional Advisor

EVA management server IP change

Management server running CV 9.2 and Continous Access Replication. EVA6000's at both ends and a Management server with commandview at each end. After changing remote site IP on the MAN Server, Switches and CA Router and changing the TCip routes/tunnels I can no longer see the other storage system from either Man servers command View. I can ping from the ge0 port on each router to the other so connectivity seems to be working, HP suggested reloading Command View. Please Help with any ideas.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> HP suggested reloading Command View.

Changing the IP of the management server may cause problems with command view, try to uninstall and re-install command view. BTW, version 9.2 is no longer supported (inactive since december 2011).

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

Re-installing command view after making changes to management server usually

helps but command view communicates with the EVA through fiber and not

by TCPIP

Regards

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The IP address is written into local files during installation. Therefore an ip address change causing problems, because the old address remains in this file.

The command view framework is client-server based, so the web server is still listening to the old address.

check chapter

Running HP P6000 Command View in a multi-homed environment

in CV user guide.

A reinstall will also set the current address again.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

usarmy
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Torsten, Anyone know where CV puts the IP address (FILE NAME) or where I can find the CV user guide?

Thanks

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

All manuals are on bsc:

http://www.hp.com/go/bsc -> manuals -> storage -> etc.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodClassId=-1&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=64255&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=471497

from the manual:

Running HP P6000 Command View in a multi-homed environment

When HP P6000 Command View is installed in a multi-homed environment, the services at startup
bind to the first available IP address. View the login page or the browser web link to view the IP
address used by HP P6000 Command View. You can change this IP address binding by modifying
the configuration files as follows:
1. Open cveva.cfg located in the folder C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\
Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\config.
2. Add the following entry in Webserver Section

Section WebServer
{
address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx // newly addedтАУipaddress or the FQDN

3. In the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for
StorageWorks HSV folder, open cv-eva.url.
4. Find the line that contains URL=https://localhost:2374, and replace the localhost with
the IP address or the FQDN name of the host where HP P6000 Command View is running.

IMPORTANT: The HP P6000 Command View server must have a unique IP address to ensure
management lock verification.

reboot the server or at least restart cv service.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

usarmy
Occasional Advisor

Torsten that works but i'm still missing the other storage system, When I logon CV I only see the storage for the local EVA, it's the same on both management servers? I'm very confused now....
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I understand you changed a lot on the remote site, but now the remote management server can see the remote eva again, right?

So you know command view works.

If this remote server now cannot see the local eva, there must be something on the san, because the server "talks" to the arrays via fibre only.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

usarmy
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Torsten

GOT IT, changed the TCip tunnels/routes on the replication site Router rebooted the router and that allowed Command View to now see both sites. Full copy performed on replication Vdisks

Thanks All
Dips123
Advisor

Hi gurus

My query might be a bit left of field and not fully related to this post but I am having massive issues with EVA and continuous access and since I saw that the scenario was pretty close to mine I thought to ask. My scenario is as follows:

I have two sites, one production and one on DR. In each site there is an EVA. Each site has two switches, switches 1of the two sites are connected with each other using CWDM. The same applies for swithces 2 . I am trying to get the EVAs to replicate from the production to DR using continuous access over the CWDM link. Each site has a command view management server. However production management server has an HBA that is zoned in to the switch. The CA licenses have been applied to the EVAs. 

The CV is used on a server and is accessed by using the web browser on port 2374. The server on which this is running on the production site is connected to the switches using HBA. I have the following issues:

I have zoned the EVA ports on the production and DR controllers. However when I do a discover storage system, the storage system cannot discover the other controller. Hence I cannot start the replication. Another question is that, to start the replication, do I need to have the management server where the CV is, zoned in the replication zone that has the EVA controllers? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dipan