108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA name in Command View 9

SOLVED
Go to solution
ehuang
Super Advisor

EVA name in Command View 9

A quick question: My current EVA name under Command View 9 Identification is "My Company". I need to configure my SEA, but it complained "Entity Name on the Network field must not contain !". So, If I rename my EVA name under CV, would it affect my production at all?

Much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
susanta_dutta
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ehung,

The name of the Array has no impact on how your Servers "see" the EVA. This is just an identification name within CV to identify the Array. You can change it whenever you want.

Please note, if you have any script or any application that interacts with this EVA through CV with this name would have impact. Otherwise you production would not have any impact.

Regards
Susanta
ehuang
Super Advisor

Hello Susanta,

The EVA is providing VMFS (LUNs) to my ESX hosts too. Could you confirm that is okay too if I rename the EVA name? Many thanks.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

It will be no problem, really.

VMware ESX uses the virtual disk's 'LUN WWN' which cannot be changed as long as the vdisk is presented to a host. In addition it looks at the LUN address (in many areas also called the 'LUN ID'), but a change requires an explicit unpresent and represent.
ehuang
Super Advisor

thanks folks. i am going to do it then.