1748286 Members
3298 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA problem

prepek2000
Occasional Advisor

EVA problem

I have tried to setup online replication of datafiles and redologs on second storeage system (EVA) but i have experienced error output....
I have done this

Create TEST1 database on one host and present to that database 3 storage disks, and also i have created replication group on for second EVA storage on second location and also i have created ORACLE HOME on second server for this kind of standby.
Then i have ended replication and unpresent storage disks on first EVA and present those disks to second EVA and tried to mount those disks to second TEST2 databas, but i have experineced this error after doing

@/db/db_create_controlfile.sql
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 236000320 bytes
Fixed Size 451648 bytes
Variable Size 201326592 bytes
Database Buffers 33554432 bytes
Redo Buffers 667648 bytes

Control file created.

SQL> shutdown immediate;
ORA-01109: database not open

Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL> startup mount;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 236000320 bytes
Fixed Size 451648 bytes
Variable Size 201326592 bytes
Database Buffers 33554432 bytes
Redo Buffers 667648 bytes
Database mounted.

SQL> alter database open resetlogs;
alter database open resetlogs
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00344: unable to re-create online log '/a06ef2/db/redo01/redo01.log'
ORA-27041: unable to open file
Linux Error: 30: Read-only file system
Additional information: 4

When i went on that location to see what is problem i have permission as oracle user for that replicated disk BUT i cannot do chmod 755 for oracle user because i receive that this disk is read only, as others also??

Why i receive this errrors?
8 REPLIES 8
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You should start by reading a little about Continuous Access.

When you create a DR Group, the destination vdisk can be presented to hosts, but not with write access.

If you pause the replication, this is still the situation. If you delete the DR Group, keeping the destinationn vdisk, then it becomes a regular vdisk and you can write to it.
prepek2000
Occasional Advisor

I still cant write to replicated disks!

To clarify:

On first server i have created database and put those data files on those filesystems, then we use replicated group from other EVA to mount on second server and after doing so owner of those disks were USER1 instead oracle as on original disks, and then guys have put Oracle as owner, but when we try to do chmod 755 we received Read only message for those replicated disks....

How to solve this?

prepek2000
Occasional Advisor

And we have shutdown replication on first Eva and dedicate new host onto seconde Eva storage...
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Define "shutdown replication"

As I told you above it's not the same to suspend the replication than to delete the DR group.

As long as the destination vdisk is part of a DR Group, it's read only.

Delete the DR group, leaving it as a regular vdisk, or perform a fail over and then destination vdisk will become source and it will be writable.
prepek2000
Occasional Advisor

We have ended replication by deleting Vdisk group. After this step disks are also read only... and this is also new to mention, now when we mount back those disks on original host destination we also get Read only message? Please could you provide us step by step guide for this problem?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I think what you see is 'normal':

after you have deleted the DR_Group, the destination virtual disk becomes readonly - I've seen it myself.

Why not go into CV-EVA and switch the vdisk to read-write mode?
It is on the [Presentation] tab.
prepek2000
Occasional Advisor

In description it says RW, which is more strange.... We have unoresent disks from original server, kill replication process by deleting group, and present replicated disks to second host. When we try to turn back with original disks ond original location we received Read only message....
prepek2000
Occasional Advisor

Is there any kind of log which could give us pointers regarding this?