HPE EVA Storage

EVA storage replication solution

SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

EVA storage replication solution

I’ve two EVA4400 configured replication mode with continuous access license. One is installed DC and other is in DR site and both are connected with fiber optical dark fiber cable. Both are working fine. In DC site, the storage is configured with Rubicon application software in oracle platform installed in HP DL servers and volumes of storage are mounted with ASM. Now I would like to install oracle in DR site server and also would like to mount the DR storage. Can I make failover DC site and make DR site EVA storage accessible to the server then install oracle and mount ASM with mount point in EVA storage volume. After completing configuration in DR site, and I’ll failback to DC site. I will not change or erase disk group, volumes group etc created in EVA storage while configuring EVA replication. My question is will the replication work? The both site server are configured storage as same just like cloning. Everything will be same configuration in both site servers and EVA storage.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). -HP Forum Moderator