7121 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA

ess
Super Advisor

EVA

Hi all
i have 1 eva4000 and run the server command view version 6 and full license (cv-bc-ca).
now update command view to version 9 if any change to wwn or save my license if update to ver 9?
if any change to data or setting thw command view?
9 REPLIES 9
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you need a license file for all CV versions > 7.0. If your EVA is under support, just contact HP. They will send you a license. If your EVA is not under support, you have to buy new LTUs f├Г┬╝r CV, BC and CA to install CV > 7.0.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
ess
Super Advisor

hi tanks for help
if any document in hp available to this question.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I don't know if there is any document in which this process is documented. But of your EVA is under support, you should have received a key with which you should be able to create new licenses on webware.hp.com. If not, contact HP.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

You won't be able to upgrade Command View from CV 6 to CV 9. Use the Windows Add/Remove Programs to uninstall CV 6.

Since CV 6 does not have a export license feature, copy & paste the entire license key(s) from your current CV 6 before uninstalling. Then install CV9 and import the licenses back in.
Have you verified your EVA firmware revision is compatible with CV 9? And is the OS running on your current/planned Command View server also compatible with CV 9?

HP recommends that you upgrade to XCS 6.2xx if you are using HP Command View EVA 8.0.1 or later.
ess
Super Advisor

Hi
tanks for help
ya i have remove the command view 6 and new install command view 9 but when the export license is not active license in command view and show license 180 day trial .
please help.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

If I understand correctly you did get CV 9 installed but did not get your paid permanent licenses moved over.
What licensing info do you have now that CV 6 has been uninstalled? If you CV 9 is installed it will have, by default, only the trial licenses.
So what file or paperwork or whatever do you have on the original EVA licenses that were purchased?
You will need to contact EVA technical support if you don't have the licensing info required to either import into CV or to generate new licenses from webware.hp.com.

The WWN associated with your 2 EVA Controllers will not change. You need the WWN addresses and the EVA serial number before contacting tech support.
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor

Your v6 licences will not work with anything greater than CV v7. The new licences are a completely different format.
As already stated you have to get the new licences from HP, and to do that you need some sort of support agreement, or else approach HP to buy them.
ess
Super Advisor

Hi all
tanks for help
please say my how to generate new licenses from webware.hp.com
please guide my step-by-step.
very tanks.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

You are going to need to contact HP EVA technical support for assistance with this.