108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA4000 2C1D

meekrob
Super Advisor

EVA4000 2C1D

Hi ,
I have to install an EVA4000 2C1D ,
did i have to install the multipath software on the unix server (i have 2 servers on clusters) ,
and when i have tp present the virtual disk to one server , i have to put the ip address of the server or the cluster ip address ,

an other issue is i have a DL380 server as management station , and eva command view 4.1 ,did i have to upgrade this version or not ?

thank's
4 REPLIES 4
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA4000 2C1D

Hi,

Check the connectivity guides to see if al the version, also commandview is ok for you OS

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=470490.

You don't need to put an ip adres on the presentation of the luns
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

You would typically present the virtual disk to the WWIDs of ALL HBAs in both servers of your cluster. The server IP address definitions that you make in Command View are not really used for anything.
meekrob
Super Advisor

thank's guys ,
for the 2C2D config of an EVA4000 did i need a loop switch to connect the 2 disks enclosures or how i will connect them ?
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

For the smaller configs like you have HP normally uses direct point-to-point copper cables to form the loops. You don't usually get a loop switch until you go beyond a '4D' configuration. Getting the connectivity exactly right is a bit of a trick and I'd highly recommend getting an HP field engineer on hand to add a shelf.