108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4000 - CA - Licensed capacity exceeded

SOLVED
Go to solution
Christoph Heule
Visitor

EVA4000 - CA - Licensed capacity exceeded

I have a new Continuous Access Unlimited License (T5357A). In the EVA4000 i have the
follow license error:
Licensed capacity exceeded.

Info:
EVA4000
CommandView 7

Christoph
7 REPLIES 7
ks6542
Valued Contributor
Solution

Software Licensing Terms
A license (LTU) enables the array to replicate data from a source EVA to a destination EVA storage system array. Without a HP Continuous Access EVA license the data replication features are not available for configuration or utilization on the array. A license key must be purchased in order to enable HP Continuous Access EVA on the VCS/XCS firmware. HP Continuous Access also allows replication between the entire EVA family. In this case, the user would purchase the appropriate LTU based on the array model for each system. You can reference the licensing part numbers in this QuickSpecs in the section titled Ordering Information.

HP Continuous Access EVA licenses are purchased either one of four ways:

The first option is a HP StorageWorks Continuous Access EVA3000/5000/4100/6100/8100/4400 1TB entry level license where up to 1TB of data can be replicated using HP Continuous Access EVA software.
The second option is a HP StorageWorks Unlimited Capacity use per EVA3000/5000/4100/6100/8100 /4400 license where the only limit to the amount of data that can be replicated is the total amount that the array hardware, controllers and disk drives can actually accommodate. Once purchased, you no longer have to purchase additional capacity licenses to accommodate new capacity growth.
The third option is the purchase of an upgrade from 1TB to Unlimited. The Upgrade License provides the same rights as Unlimited Capacity use per EVA license.
You may also upgrade from an HP StorageWorks Unlimited Capacity per use license from a) EVA3000/4100 to EVA6100, b) EVA3000/4100 to EVA8100, or c)EVA5000/6100 to EVA8100
ks6542
Valued Contributor

Your scenerio seems to fit in 2`nd options in avove..
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
What is the other EVA that you are replicating too ??
You need a CA licence for BOTH EVA's in the relationship.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Christoph Heule
Visitor

The other one is a:
EVA6000
Command View 7

CA License the same like on the EVA4000.

Christoph
Christoph Heule
Visitor

I have to CA T5357A Licenses. On the EVA6000 is all good with the license.
Christoph Heule
Visitor

I have become a resolution from hp,
i must update the firmware from the eva4000 that the license normal work.

Thanks for all answers.

Christoph
Christoph Heule
Visitor

thanks