1753894 Members
7730 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4000 disk enclosure expansion

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

EVA4000 disk enclosure expansion

I want to add one disk enclosure with exsiting EVA. At prsenet the EVA has 2 disk enclosre and dual controler.

CAB cable near bottom terminator is connected to the botom disk enclosure and second one to the second disk encsore and Y cable is connected to controller. New disk enclosre , how I can conncet? Is it necessory to conncet below or just above the controller? And how the cable connctivity will be there , Copper cable and CAB cable....

4 REPLIES 4
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You require the Shelf ID Expander Cable in such case. Generally around 3 Cables will be shipped along with the new Controllers. These cable will not come with new Enclosure purchased.

With the help of Sheld ID expander cable you can cascade it to existing cable so that you will get 3 more ports so that you can connect 2 more enclosures.
Rajs
Frequent Advisor

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

I have enough port to connect the shelf ID exapander cable on the TOP. Can I remove the TOP terminator and disconncet the cable and connect to the bottom , while the EVA is Online.? Then I can conncet the 3rd disk enclosure below .

Or it will effect the EVA configuration??

Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Removing Terminators will not cause any issue in EVA. All enclosures may become ID numbers with "0" (I checked with Bottom terminator removed).

You can join the cable on Top and add the new enclosure.