New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 - 2C6D

SOLVED
Go to solution
KarstenPE
Frequent Advisor

EVA4400 - 2C6D

Hello,

we have to expand out EVA4400 with two additional shelfes, to the configuration of 2C6D. I can find no documentation which shows the cabling and the position of shelf number 5 and higher. Can anybody show/tell me where to place and how to cable this configuration?

Greetings,
Karsten

P.S. This thread has been moevd from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

Hi Karsten,

I did not see a picture either but I would suggest to follow the installation guide and plug device port A cabling into A I/O modules and device port B cabling into B I/O modules for both controllers. It should be the same principle as for 2C4D config.

J.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Hi, with the drive enclosures you should get an installation guide:

HP StorageWorks EVA4400 M6412 drive enclosure installation instructions

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01419085/c01419085.pdf

There you have explained how to add a drive enclosure.

In an EVA4400 is just extending the existing configuration, connecting each disk enclosure to the next.
KarstenPE
Frequent Advisor

Thanks!

Now I have read the linked instructions, and I wonder where I can get this long fibre channel cable that is mentioned on page 6, in the chapter "Alternate enclosure cabling". Because due to the setup of the existing enclosures in my rack I have to build something like that. In the box are only the regular short cables included.

Greetings,
Karsten
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

There are copper cables of several lengths, if it does not come with the M6314 enclosure, you need: Cable FC Copper SFP 2m 324394-B21
KarstenPE
Frequent Advisor

Hello vcespon!

Perfect, thank you very much.

Greeting,
Karsten
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Each disk drive enclosure (should) come with 2 short cables. The EVA4400 uses soft AL_PAs and the controller assembly can be anywhere: top, bottom or somewhere between the disk drive enclosures. The two long cables that came with the controller enclosure are always used to interconnect the topmost controller/disk enclosure with the bottommost enclosure.