1748237 Members
3543 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400: Could not discover the storage anymore

Habich
Occasional Advisor

EVA4400: Could not discover the storage anymore

we have an EVA4400 Dual Controller Array with embedded switch.

after login to the command view web gui and click on the plus symbol on the left side right before the cell name no hierachy with directories, hw and disk infos etc would open.

i tried to read some information from the controller via sssu commando 'ls controller' and i received the error 'cell is not initialized'.

the san is part of our production system and was initialized 9 months ago. all connected blades could see their vdisks and could read and write also.

in RSM all components under Storage systems are in unknown state.

are there any possibilities to get back the administration of the EVA via CV, RSM and sssu?
7 REPLIES 7
Habich
Occasional Advisor

has someone an idea about this topic???

how would i restart the master controller on a eva4400? i don't see the controller name via sssu commando?
raj2796
Advisor

a co worker had a similar problem on one of his eva's, he was able to use the webocp to connect and restart the system after which it was fine
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

To restart the system might fix it yes.

One reason why you might be seeing this is because the master controller have moved to the other controller and that the CV server is not zoned in to both controllers (this is if you are not using the ABM, CV installed on the management module).

Other things you can try is to restart the CV service.
Habich
Occasional Advisor

are there any i/o interruptions for the connected blades if i restart the cv service or one single controller?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Check from the integrated Command View (management module IP, port 2372)

If you can see the EVA from there, then it's a known situation. Usually solved rebooting the controllers.

Try to modify zones so that theres only ONE controller port on each site.

Also, wait for the new firmware version, it contains a lot of fixes.
Habich
Occasional Advisor

a restart of both controllers and complete shutdown of the eva didn't help. any other ideas?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

But do you have access from the management module or not?

Check in the Windows server where Command View is if you can see the HSV300 controllers in device manager.

Check that this server has FC connectivity to the EVA and is zoned to see both controllers.