HPE EVA Storage
1753397 Members
7457 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 Internal System Management Error

EVA4400 Internal System Management Error

Your storge system has experienced an internal error that is preventing it
from properly communicating with its management module.Host I/O is not affected.

Check to ensure that a I hardware components are present and that their status indicators
show that they are operating normally.Once you have repaired any hardware issues,click the system icon in the navigation tree,or click the Discover button to resume managing your system.

I had click the Discover button,but it will apper the same error again.

please help me,thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Not much info to go on there so you may wish to supply some more to get better help.

However, I have seen this before but without additional info this may be the wrong answer!

****** WARNING **** WARNING **** WARNING ***
IF YOUR EVA HAS DATA ON IT DO NOT UNINITIALIZE IT ***** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ***
**** if it is a NEW installation with NO DATA then read on *****

**** if you are not sure / do not understand my info contact HP for advice *****

I am assuming that this is a NEW installation because whenever I have seen this it is because when you have initialized the EVA rfom Command View it has failed - for whatever reason - and it comes up with the error. If that is correct all you need to do - ONLY IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION AND THERE IS NO DATA ON YOUR EVA - is to go to the OCP and unitialize the EVA. Once you have done this then just go back to Command View and initialize the EVA again and all should be OK.

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Have you tried to reset the management module? There's a button on it. Also, try to reseat it.

I'm suppossing that you have compatible firmware versions on the controllers and on the management module.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

"STSYS" and a date, I have seen on the OPC (Operator Control Panel) of older EVAs during storage system initialization before the final name is set. The temporary name could stay when the device driver parameters of the Fibre Channel adapters are not correctly set up in the registry.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor