1753543 Members
5348 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 and Command View Licensing

PhilHowes
Advisor

EVA4400 and Command View Licensing

We purchased an EVA4400 last year, and a blade enclosure with some blades and had a consultant come in and set up a demo for us on it. He created some Vdisks on the EVA for the proliant and Itanium blades. However, we then switched it off for a few months, unplugged all the connections, moved site and have only now switched it back on. I know the trial general license has expired - but does that explain why I can't see the Vdisks anymore from the blades? I connected the EVA and blade enclousre as it was originally configured and can now see the Vdisks in CV. The only errors that are obvious are the License warnings. However, the Vdisks are not visible from the blades. Does this fit with not having a valid license? We are in the process of buying one but I need to have it configured asap.
2 REPLIES 2
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Check in hardware\controller enclosure\power

Both batteries failed?

If you see the vdisks on Command View, and they are presented to the hosts, but the hosts do not see anything, most probable explanation is both batteries failed.

The expired license prevents you from doing changes to the configuration, but not from using what's already configured.
georgemad
Advisor

Batteries low charge
Presentation of the LUNS on the EVA. Check to see if the LUN's are presented and that the Hosts (WWN) can be seen in CV.
zoning on the switches?