1753882 Members
7520 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 and snapshots

drassilaf
Advisor

EVA4400 and snapshots

I have created some snapshots in a disk group. This disk group is became full. Then all snapshots have been blocked.

Is it possible to recover these snapshots ? Is is possible to unblocked these snapshots ? Or once snapshots blocked, the only solution is to delete them.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I don't think it is possible to 'unblock' them. To me, such a feature does not make sense: a snapshot becomes inconsistent when the disk group runs out of free space, because old data from the original vdisk cannot be saved any longer.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Like Uwe said, I believe once the snapshots are blocked, the only thing is to delete them. There is no "pending log" of changes waiting to be applied, so there is no way they could get caught back up.

In the future, you will want to look at using fully-allocated snapshots.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Even if there were a "pending log", it would not help: the EVA was unable to do a 'copy-out' of the original data due to insufficient free space. The original data is simply no longer present.
drassilaf
Advisor

only one solution : delete snaphosts, I confirm that.
drassilaf
Advisor

closed