4103 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 interconnection

Xav0
Advisor

EVA4400 interconnection

I have three EVA 4400 and I connected them to
manage in one console, but not how to do.

have the following SO: RH,Oracle, ESX, Win2003Srv

in a SAN backups are performed in RH and Win(Symantec)

can someone help me?
5 REPLIES 5
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Oh, my...

"HP_HSVdpi_03_00_E.pdf" sounds like the EVA DevicePlugIn for the (OpenView) Storage Area Manager (OVSAM) - a product that's been end-of-life for some years now. It can be used for some monitoring, but _cannot_ be used to make changes to an EVA.
[Right now I am using a low-bandwidth link so I did not download the document to check]

"TPM_ek-e2usr-ua-c01.pdf" is a user-guide (from April 2003, unless HP has reused the document number - an unfortunate practice they are doing with more and more documents) for the EVA-5000, another EOL-product.

---

Xav0,
what help do you need exactly? Is this a running configuration? What do you mean with "you have connected them to manage in one console"?
Xav0
Advisor

Hi Uwe Zessin

I think not explain well, my question is specifically configured to interconnect the san switch?, I did not know that much

Thanks
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

First question, the EVA4400 has the controllers with the integrated SAN switches?

If the SAN switches are external, you have to connect FP1 from each controller to one switch and FP2 from each controller to the other switch.

If the controllers have integrated SAN switches, this is already done and you can use the 10 external ports to connect servers.

Command View can be installed on the EVA4400 management module, but if you want to manage them all from one console, you need a server with Windows 2003 / 2008 that has fiber channel connection to all EVAs.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Good point. The management server must be able to talk to both controllers, but it does not need 6 ports. You could create a 'ring' topology - see attached file.

C1/C2 means both EVA controllers with embedded switches.