1753569 Members
5669 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 managemnt

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

EVA4400 managemnt

I havve 2 EVA 4400 connected with seperate swiches.
One EVA4400 cnnected with 2 switches and one managemnt server and other EVA also connected with another SAN switch and mgmt server..
Now I want to mange both EVA from one management server . how I can do this.Also I want to remove some HDDs from one of the EVA diskgroup(Defaullt disk group using some servrs)and I want to use this to another EVA.
4 REPLIES 4
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

hello,
just add another EVA into CV in ano management server... You can manage more eva's with one CV, just copy licences.

Jan
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Obviously you'll have to connect the second EVA to the same switches than the management server you're going to use, and cofigure the zoning.
That's it, Command View will read the configuration and licenses from the new EVA.
MAH_2
Regular Advisor

Thx,

1).I want to know abot the HDD removal from one disk group. Is it possible?.Free space is there in the disk group and I want to remove one disk from that and use to another EVA diskgroup.

2).Also in future I will use EVA 8400 .
Can I replicete the VDISK from 4400 to EVA 8400 storage. using CA.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
1) yes, if you have enough free disk space you can ungroup disks from disk group until there is only 8 of then. But you must wait until data are transfered to rest of group, then remove it physicaly

2) yes, you can do this vith CA.

Jan